Sunday, 19 June 2011

The Things I Love.

Over the last few days I've been feeling incredibly mopey and miserable. A lot of little things have combined with a couple of big things to make me feel really quite glum. Because feeling sorry for yourself gets really old really quickly (and also because I was getting limited sympathy from my friends and family, all of whom basically told me to 'man up') I got to thinking about some of the things in my life that I really love and enjoy - silly things from cosmetics and tv programs to food and lord knows what else in between. And so, a new blog feature was born!

I was tempted to include Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' video in this post...but it disturbs me, so I didn't.

I'm not promising that this will be a regular feature of my blog, although I will try to include at least a bi-weekly post on the matter! For now its just for me to share some of the things that I enjoy, and hopefully it will allow my readers to get to know me a little better in the process!

1. Bright red lips.


I always feel so brave when I'm wearing red lipstick. Its definitely a confidence booster! I'm using a Rimmel London number at the moment - it stays on really well and doesn't dry your lips out, so its definitely a winner in my book.

2. Indian food! I so love a curry! We took my dad out for an Indian Buffet lunch today, and it was amazing. I appreciate it so much more now that I'm on Weight Watchers and don't it very often. It may be yummy, but it is point-o-rific!

3. Trashy fantasy books.



The top shelf of my bookcase - True Blood, Twilight and Harry Potter...some light relief from the Shakespeare, Emerson and Wordsworth that resides on the shelf underneath it.

(Speaking of Harry Potter, my friend met Daniel Radcliffe in the pub the other day. I am so jealous!)

4. Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days.



I love this stuff. Its really easy to apply and a little goes a long way. Its also really cheap - £2.99 a bottle in Boots - and comes in lots of yummy 'flavours'. My favourite is Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter. Omnomnom.

5. Sunny afternoon walks in the park - like the one I went on this afternoon with my dad, brother and dog. The sun came out just in time!

6. Old-school One Tree Hill. I stumbled across an old episode on e4 the other morning, and immediately dug out my boxsets. Its so dated and they all look about 12, but I love it! Plus it should tide me over until the new series of True Blood hits the screens!!


7. Tom Hanks. He's awesome - especially in Forrest Gump. Life is like a box of chocolates, and all that. To be said in obligatory Southern American accent, of course.

8. Paperchase. Mum and I went to Canterbury yesterday to pick up the remainder of my stuff and have lunch in town, and I had to nip into Paperchase. I just love it. I treated myself to a shiny new notebook and spent ages admiring all the lovely greetings cards. My favourite was of an old lady pulling her friends dress out from her knickers. It reminded me of my best friend Danielle. That will be us one day!

9. Maybelline Falsies Black Drama mascara.


It lasts for ages, it doesn't clump up or flake off, and it comes in a pretty purple and lace patterned tube. And its on sale in Superdrug right now. Whats not to love?

10. YOU GUYS. I love all your comments and I love you for taking the time to stop by and see how I'm getting on! Not only that, I love reading about your lives and how you're getting on. I'm constantly checking in with everybody's going-ons, so even if I don't comment then rest assured that I am still reading all about it. Love you guys! <3 <3 <3

Love to you all
Lauren xxx

2 comments:

  1. Daniel Radcliffe in the pub?!!?! jealous.
    I'm moving house soon and I don't want to so I've not been in the best mood and then my brother made me watch a horrible horror film so I just put some Adam and Joe on and they make me laugh so much, way better now!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also jealous! EEEEP! idk what I'd do. Hyperventilating would probably be somewhere at the top of the list, that & throwing out some tragic wizard puns/chat up lines.

    I really enjoyed reading this, I love the idea of making it a feature! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!