Tuesday, 28 June 2011

We All Have The Same Secrets.

I've been an avid follower of PostSecret for a long time - so much so that Sunday Secrets are often the highlight of my day. Sometimes it amazes me that people on the other side of the world have the same secrets that I do. One of my all-time favourite postcards was the one that said:

'If I could go back in time and tell the 13-year-old me that you don't have to make out with boys to get them to like you, then I would.
But I can't.
So instead I just pretend that its fun.
...it isn't.'

I could have written that. I've thought it enough times! I've had people ask me why I don't buy into the whole university culture of going to a club just to get laid - truth is I was doing that seven years ago, and I've grown out of it now. Any guy who wants to take me home after spending a couple of hours with me in a noisy, crowded club, after drinking god knows how much alcohol - well, he isn't for me. I just wish I'd known that when I was thirteen!

Some of my favourites from PostSecret this week:




All images are taken from postsecret.com

How reassuring to know that there are people out there who feel the same way that I do. 

And, without a doubt, my favourite video....


Love to you all
Lauren xxx

6 comments:

  1. I've never seen that site. I'm going to have to check it out. I love the pics that you took from there. By the way, I could have written half of those things too!

    Sarah
    notaneffingdiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to say, even though the music accompanying that video was relatively upbeat, I got a little tearful watching that :'( xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoo ive never heard of it before but totally love it and gonna check it out, and some of the secrets you have revealed in this post i totally relate with!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of it, but will go have a look now
    Thanks
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a heartwarming video. Such sacrifices they are making. and I must check out that website too!!

    Sadie x

    ~ Giveaway on my blog! http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/2011/06/very-first-giveaway.html ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha postsecret is always the highlight of my sundays!!! have forgotton the last few weeks though ~ shock horror ~ so thanks for reminding me!!! i used to check it on a sunday like a religion, need to get back into that habit! x

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!