Thursday, 19 January 2012

Weigh-In and Wearings

Hello beautiful people!

This is just a quick one from me to update you on weigh-in results this week. I lost 0.5lbs this week. Part of me is really pissed off about this because I tracked religiously all week, but on the other hand I know that I wasn't eating as healthily as I could have been and that I slacked off on the exercise. Oh, and had two nights out on the tiles as well. I always have a better loss when I haven't been drinking alcohol, so I guess a small loss was to be expected after multiple vodka and diet cokes. 

I'm planning to step up the exercise a little more this week, especially as my 'gym buddies' are now back in Canterbury and can keep me company! I'm heading to a Spin class this evening and planning a gym session tomorrow morning before my lectures as well. Exercise is going to be even more important this week because I have a lot of social events - all of which involve alcohol or food. Not only was I out again last night (more on that to come), I'm also going out for an Indian meal for my housemate's birthday on Saturday, and then we're heading out again on Monday for his actual birthday. I'm looking forward to both nights but I'd also like to see a half-decent loss on the scales next week as well, so here's hoping that getting my butt back into the gym will help me out with that!

Now, onto last night! As I said in my post last week, massive amounts of drunkenness are basically compulsory for the first week of term, and last night was no exception. We headed to the Venue, our campus nightclub, and danced and drank the night away. It was a brilliant night - this I know, because for the first time in AGES I woke up with more or less a full recollection of the evening. Still had something of a sore head mind you, but you can't win them all! 


[Top and Clutch Bag: Dorothy Perkins
Skirt: Topshop
Wedges: New Look]

I love love love this outfit! I picked up the top for an absolute steal in the Dorothy Perkins sale at the weekend - it was £3.75! The wedges I've had for ages and they are quite literally the most comfortable heels I've ever owned, I had them on all night and was still going at 2am when they kicked us out. And the skirt...ahh the skirt. If it were possible to marry an item of clothing, I would marry this skirt. I can't tell you how much I love it. Not only is it purple - which immediately makes it awesome in my book - but its also from Topshop and is a size 12. If you'd told me even six months ago that one day I would be able to wear a size 12 skirt from Topshop I would have laughed in your face! I just love it. Probably a little bit too much. But I don't care.

Thats all from me - I really need to go and do some reading before I flunk out of uni altogether! Much love and I hope everybody is having a wonderful week :)

Lauren xxx

6 comments:

  1. 0.5lbs is still good :) I find losing numbers really hard, but losing inches a bit easier! well done xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. bad point - same crappy half pound
    good point - you look amazing. Very well done !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know numbers were the bane of my initial weight loss journey (where I lost the most). I try not to get worked up on the scale or the calories. Instead, I think it's important you notice the changes in the way your body looks and feels, as well as how awesome a dress you've been saving looks on you. And by the looks of it, you're doing real well! Cute outfit ;) I am currently in love with skirts, even though it's FREEZING here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Lauren you are looking absolutely fabulous!!!! SUCH a dramatic weight loss, you must be SO proud of all of your hard work!!!!! Well done :)

    Sadie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun! Very jealous of all your amazing travels btw! xxxx

      Delete
  5. You look great!!Hard work pays off in the end :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!