Thursday, 8 March 2012

Seven Deadly Sins

I'm stealing this from the gorgeous Stephanie!


'Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall.'


Greed.
Most money spent in one purchase? Definitely my Tiffany charm bracelet. I asked for money for my 21st birthday from my dad, nans and aunties, and used it to buy myself a bracelet with a classic Tiffany Heart charm when I went to New York in October. $290 well spent.

Wrath.
Do you have any love/hate relationships? I have a pretty intense love/hate relationship with myself actually! I go through phases of loving my life and loving what I do and who I am, to phases of crippling self-doubt and chastisement. I often compare myself to other people and find myself lacking, not necessarily just in terms of physicality but also as a person as well. I would give anything to be one of those happy, funny, bubbly, flirty girls that all men seem to fall hopelessly in love with - alas, I will forever remain a 'dark and twisty' cynic!

Gluttony.
What do you overindulge in? Chocolate is definitely my biggest indulgence! If I've gone over my ProPoints allowance, it will be because of chocolate. I used to massively overindulge in peanut butter, bread and ice cream as well (not all in one sitting, I hasten to add!) but I seem to have a better control on those now! Chocolate is still an issue!

Sloth.
What is your lazy habit? Like Steph said, definitely procrastination! I am a chronic procrastinator, it literally takes me an age to get anything done.

Pride.
What gives you confidence and makes you proud? I always feel more confident when I look and feel nice - when my nails are painted, or I'm having a good hair day, or my make-up went just perfect that morning. But then, I think that is probably true of most people! What makes me proud of myself is accomplishing a weight loss that even I didn't think I've ever manage, doing well at university and generally living a good life. So many people from a similar background took the easy way out and ended up pregnant, on benefits and living in a council flat. It was definitely an option for me as well, and it makes me proud that I had the drive and ambition not to choose it.

Lust.
What or who do you lust over? In terms of who I lust over - it tends to be wildly inappropriate/unattainable men. My best friend Danielle has spent the last five years telling me that I need help, because the only time I'm ever interested in a man is when he isn't interested in me. As soon as they show an interest I get bored and move on. Definitely going to die alone! As for what I lust over...the same things every other 21 year old girl on a student budget lusts over! Clothes, shoes, bags, make-up, jewellery, more clothes...

Envy.
What are you envious of? I'm generally not a very jealous person, but when I do get envious of something I get very envious. I'm normally envious of other people for all sorts of different reasons. They have more money than I do, a nicer car, better skin, slimmer legs, nicer clothes, higher essay marks, a better job. Its not that I resent these people personally, its more that I resent myself for not having the same things that they do - even if these aren't things that could be achieved by working harder on my essays or putting in an extra 30 minutes at the gym.

What are you seven deadly sins? I'd love to see some more of these appearing soon! And don't forget to check out Steph's post either!

Lauren xxx

4 comments:

  1. Lauren, I LOVE you idea of "21 before 22", very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to be 21 again, you should be extremely proud of what you have achieved, you've done so well! By the way, love this post so have poached it and blogged over on mrsshilts.co.uk :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoink ;) I stole this off ya :),and linked mine to you <3 Love reading these posts, I thought I'd already commented about this but must of been tired! Love your blog xx

    http://foreverfabulousinbows.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you did this bb! As always, I loved reading through it. I can definitely relate on all accounts & you should be proud; what you've achieved is phenomenal xx

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!