Monday, 30 July 2012

The Final Push, Day 1.

I mentioned in my post yesterday (and the few before that too) that I'd hit something of a plateau. Well, thats not strictly true. If you want to get technical about it, I've gained. Quite a lot in fact.

I can point the finger at all the parties and celebrations over the last few months, the trips away, starting a new job, not having access to a gym...all of those things. And yes, they have all contributed. But they are not the reason that I've gained weight. 

The reason I've gained weight is really quite simple. I got greedy, and I got lazy. And now I've gained. In a couple of months I've gained the same amount that it took the previous six months to shift. It will probably take me another six months to shift it again. And who have I got to blame? Nobody but myself.

I woke up today with a new energy and motivation and determination to finally get there once and for all. Despite having gained, I'm still within touching distance of my goal weight and I'm determined to get there before the end of the year. My mum and I are starting to look into taking a trip to the West Coast of America in 2014 (California, Nevada (not strictly 'coast', but still West), maybe a little of Arizona), and while I know that its almost two years away, I am also painfully aware of how fast time flies when you're not looking. It feels like a week since I started Weight Watchers but its been two and a half years. I said I'd be at goal by now, but I'm not. To be honest, thats not the end of the world. To not get to goal at all...to fail at the last hurdle after all the times I said 'no' to dessert when I could have killed for a cheesecake, all the hours I spent sweating my guts out at the gym when I would rather have been on the sofa reading a book, all the times I half-bankrupted myself drinking full-price spirits when I could have got three alcopops or a pitcher of snakebite for practically the same price...to fail after all that...that would be the end of the world.

For the last two and a half years I've used the discipline of my weekly meeting to keep me on the straight and narrow, but with my finances the way they are at the moment I just cannot justify £20 a month on a monthly pass. Even when I'm getting paid, I think it will have to come to meetings vs gym. I'm lucky enough to have access to eSource (thanks to the lovely Lucy) but its the fear of getting on the scales in front of a leader that really stops me reaching for the biscuit tin. At the moment I haven't got that...but I have got you guys.

So here's how its gunna go, from now until the time when I am able to go back to meetings - or suddenly develop some self-control, whatever comes first. I'm going to weigh-in here, right on this very blog, with photographic evidence to document my success or failure of that week. Every Monday, come rain or shine, I will be hopping on those scales and sharing the results with you. If by 10pm on a Monday there is no weigh-in post from me, you have my permission - no, encouragement! - to harrass me until I 'fess up. Twitter, email, text, facebook, whatever does it for you. If I need to be shamed and publicly humiliated to do this, then thats what we'll do. I have come too stinkin' far to let it all go to waste now. We'll call today day 1, and take it from there.

So without further ado...time to 'fess up.

Ok, so I tried to upload the picture, and every time I do, it ends up looking like this:


I have NO idea why, but you can just about see the number on the scale right?! Right. That number. It makes me feel a bit sick to look at it. I am now up 13.3lbs from my lowest recorded weight of 12st 9.5lbs, and 18.8lbs above my (preliminary) goal weight of 12st 4lbs. 

My measurements are as follows:

Right upper arm: 12.5in
Waist: 32.5in
Hips: 43.25in
Right thigh: 25in 

I'll be updating my weight on here every week and my measurements every four weeks, and trying to check in a few times in between to help keep my focus!

And now, I must dash...all this working full-time stuff is exhausting!

Toodles!
Lauren xxx

5 comments:

  1. I'll be cheering you on, or harrassing as needed :) You can do this girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following you for a while, and I have to say you're an absolute inspiration, good luck for your final push, I hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. come on Lauren!! I'm back up to 13 11 now and want to get down to about 12. Done nothing but party and eat since the Jubilee. Maybe our new venture together will spur us on ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh honeybun! You know I'll be a beetch if you need me to be, so we are on this!! I would highfive you but you are far away. I will highfive you and we'll eat fruit on Thursday! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!