The boots are definitely my favourite purchase - possibly of all time. AREN'T THEY FABULOUS!? I love that they're sensible enough to wear to work but the glitter adds that bit of glam to make them work in the evening as well. The price tag is a little steeper than I'd normally pay for New Look shoes but they're real leather and super comfortable (and awesome) so they're definitely worth it. I also picked up a huge chunky grey jumper and a really cute black-and-cream stripey fit and flare dress from Primark. With the exception of the Topshop vest everything I got is work-friendly but still casual enough to wear out and about as well.
I had sadly also reached that stage where everything in my make-up bag was running out or drying up, so I paid Boots a little visit too. I was sorely tempted to splurge on a few Nails Inc and O.P.I nail polishes but I resisted as I knew I'd regret it at the end of the month when I ran out of money and had £30 worth of nail polishes sitting around doing nothing.
- Revlon Colourstay Foundation in 150 Buff (my A/W colour as opposed 180 Sand Beige in summer when I've got a bit more of a tan going on!)
- Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher in 95 Rose De Jaspe
- Maybelline Falsies Volum' Express Flared
- Rimmel Glam'eyes Liquid Liner in Black Glamour
- L'Oreal True Match Powder in Golden Beige - a new purchase for me! I'm hoping it doesn't break at the slightest tap like all the other powders I've tried over the years!
- Eylure Naturalites Intense in 140 - for my unofficial school reunion at the weekend, because if I go on a night out without lashes on then I might as well forego clothes as well.
All in all I had a joyous little spend up - it was exactly what I needed after living in abject poverty since I left university in June!
What are you all spending your pennies on at the moment? Have any of you had any bank-holiday weekend spending sprees?
Lots of love,