Saturday, 8 December 2012

It All Comes Down To A Choice. Choose Wisely.

I consider myself to be a very articulate young woman who has no problem expressing herself - hell, I effectively have a degree in how people use words to the maximum effect, its not like I don't know what I'm talking about. That might be the case, however I find myself unable to articulate how I feel about the reactions I have received to Wednesday's post. Probably the closest I can come to it is 'overwhelmed' - and even that doesn't really come close.

Blown away. Maybe blown away is better. When I started this blog it was never with any specific intention - in fact I wasn't aware that things like sponsorship and advertising even took place. I had never even read a blog before! My following is modest compared to some other blogs I know, but none the less loved and appreciated. And please believe me when I tell you that every comment, every tweet and every email means the world to me. None more so than those I have received over the last two days.

It took a lot for me to post those photos - in fact looking at the before picture after a while of not seeing it still gives me a shock now. But that's my reality, that's the person I was, and if pasting my fat self all over the internet helps either myself or others then that's what I'm going to do. Because I'm not going back to that. Ever. Looking at that photo brought back a lot of memories and emotions that I've done a good job of squashing into the back of my mind and denying ever existed, and I think bringing that into sharp focus has given me a definite boost of motivation. And if even one other person out there who is in the position I was then looks at my photos and thinks 'I can do that as well'....well then that's more than I ever wanted to achieve.

The whole thing has brought it home to me that I owe where I am to a decision. It all comes down to a decision that I made on a cold, drizzly morning in January 2010 when I rolled out of bed (being ball-shaped, I did a lot of rolling) and went to that Weight Watchers meeting. Had I not made that decision not only would I probably have been upwards of 25st by now, but I also would not have a third of the opportunities I have today - or a quarter of the friends. 6.5st lost with another 1st left to shift, six dress sizes, countless inches, some of the most incredible friends I've ever asked for, and three years worth of memories that completely blow the 19 years before them out of the water. All because I made one little decision.

Makes you think, right? What decision did you make?

With love,
Lauren xxx

6 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower, and these past two posts have been simply inspiring. I've been struggling with my own body issues; trying to love myself and finding it difficult. I want to change the decisions that I make because it's not about how I look, it's just about being happy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much weight you've lost that is amazing and you look beautifu1 :)

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you've achieved is amazing and you're a real inspiration, especially to someone like me who's still working their way down the scales!

    Nat x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following your weight loss with absolute amazement, you are an inspiration to any girl/woman reading your posts - because you made a decision to change your life and you're following it through. Congratulations on your ongoing weight loss but most of all, congratulations for finding the confidence to be who you want to be. THAT'S inspirational.

    Miss Tea x
    drinkmisstea.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fab post Lauren
    You deserve to be very proud. We are all proud of you.
    Cant wait to see the success story in WW mag in 2013.
    You will make quite the cover girl

    Paul
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi hun, I've just joined your blog and I'm so impressed by your weight loss journey. I struggle with my weight as well and am constantly fluctuating in size, and while I'm in a good place weight/fitness-wise at the moment I know how easy it is for that to slip away. Really looking forward to reading your blog as it's so encouraging to find inspiration in other people's stories :)

    Sasha xx

    I'm at www.justanotherfashblog.blogspot.com if you fancy checking it out, though it's more fashion-related than weight loss based :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!